Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Remaining 10

Over the summer I gambled on my Dad's ping pong abilities and won big!  Read story here:

http://katrinablank.blogspot.com/2012/07/ping-pong.html

In September I received a portion, but not all of my winnings.  Read story here:

http://katrinablank.blogspot.com/2012/09/ping-pong-payout.html

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think I'd ever see the remaining $10.  But last night my brother and I walked down the shore to join the boyz of summer.  And when we arrived, the guy from down the shore insisted we join them for a game of Texas Hold 'Em - a game my brother and I have never played before. 

We were hesitant, but the guy from down the shore pulled me aside and said, "Look, here's the deal.  I know I still owe you $10 from the summer, but I will never flat out give you that money.  But I will buy you into this game.  So what do you say?  Do you want to play?"  Although I'm not into gambling, given his offer I agreed for him to buy my brother and me into the game.  And so we received $10 worth of chips, and used our shared lack of knowledge to attempt to win.

I thought we'd be out rather quickly, but my brother quickly figured out the game, and how to successfully bluff . So we finished second, receiving a $10 payout for the chips.  Thanks bro, for keeping our $10 alive.  And thanks Dad for the $30 ping pong win.

No comments: