Thursday, October 11, 2012

Soho Night 10.11.12

Tonight my friend Bethanie and I headed downtown, to my friend's place in Soho where Lindsay Lohan showed up one night, but she didn't tonight. 

But a musician named Micah did, and he played an acoustic set.  And as he sang his songs, my thoughts returned to the memories of that particular "venue" over the course of the past year and a half.  I was surprised, actually, how many memories were contained in that one room - from worship nights, to an epic Halloween party, to Sunday night post church dinners.  This home has been one of the most meaningful locations for me during my time in New York City.
Spring 2012 * Young Oceans Concert * Eric Marshall 

I'm thankful for the space - and for the hospitality of the two generous men who so frequently open up their home and invite others in.  Space like this is rare in New York.  And even rarer are people with such space extending such gracious hospitality.  Thank you Travis and Andrew. 

Young Oceans Concert in Soho * Spring 2012

No comments: