Saturday, August 11, 2012

Harlem

One Summit speaker spoke on an organization he started to invest in the lives of Harlem's youth - Harlem Children's Zone.

The website explains, "The Harlem Children's Zone has established a new method to end the cycle of generational poverty.  By addressing the needs of the entire community, HCZ isn't simply helping children beat the odds, it's helping to change the odds."
Here is a pic I took a few years ago of some Harlem's youth:



The past several weeks I've felt especially fatigued - not sure I picked up a worm or parasite in Africa, or if it's my anemia kicking in.  And today a migraine headache accompanied my fatigue - yuck!  So rather than writing a for real post, I leave you with this photo, and this Scripture:

Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  (Read all of Isaiah 40 for more goodness.)



No comments: