Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Almost Tweets

My two almost tweets of the day:

I’ve never thought of writing as being holy and sacred work - but I do now.  #WeepingThroughWords #SpringHill

&

We all need people in our lives who will say, “Get back up.  You can do this.  You can’t give up now.”  #ThankYou MikeDuff

Today I worked on the final chapter of my book, and as I wrote, tears came with my words - not that the chapter is depressing, by any means, but it's like a good movie - one that is so moving that it brings you to tears (at least if you're a girl).  Because it's the final fight, the final struggle and it ends with a victory.  The victory I write about is of a different kind, but one that I know will help people trust God more despite the uncertainties of life.

After finishing the draft of the chapter, I stepped outside of the White House (see previous day's blog) and heard a counselor reading these words to his campers:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

And those are the words I'll end this blog on.

No comments: