Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Blank Way

My brother is in town.

Tonight he told me he was recruited out of his living room in Detroit to be in a movie directed by Jim Jarmusch.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jarmusch

Jarmusch recently dropped my brother's home to consider using it as set, but rather than wanting to use the home, he liked my brother's "look" and decided to use him instead.  My brother agreed, and this past week someone dropped by to get my brother's measurements.

Funny thing is, my brother isn't even pursuing work in film, yet the opportunity came to him.  I told him, "That's the way to do it."  That's how I got my job in New York - the opportunity came to me while I was doing some reading by my pool in the backyard of my CA home.


Anyway...

My brother and I chatted politics for a bit in Bryant Park and then made our way back to my apartment, where he reminded me of what Romney believes - when it comes to religion.

Now, I've studied Mormonism a bit in grad school, talked to a Mormon in line for Space Mountain at Disneyland, and even visited Utah once, but the best explanation I've ever heard is brought to you by South Park.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104253/joseph-smith-part-1

My brother and I watched the episode together.  And I'm starting to think voting for Romney is a less than... well...  I'm still formulating my thoughts on the matter...

(BTW, my brother says, Not to watch anything until Season 6.)

No comments: