Sunday, April 22, 2012

Speaking at the ESB

On Saturday morning I spoke at the Empire State Building immediately following Dinesh D'Souza.  I spoke on important matters pertaining to living in student housing at The King's College - I think I changed a few lives.  (Insert Sarcasm, please!)  I

Saturday afternoon I started to dream about the future and what it might hold.  It involves more speaking, but the kind that will change lives, not the kind involving roommates, laundry, and housing deposits.




Tonight I found myself back at 88 Crosby Street with about 40 other people.  And several of those 40 people were single, attractive men within my age, height, and faith range.

I wanted to get to know them (or at least a few of them), and yet, at the same time, I wanted nothing to do with them at all.  Perhaps I'm jaded, or perhaps it's the self defense mechanism of not wanting to encounter more disappointment and heartache.  I'm not sure.  But this "game" is tiresome at the age of 34 - meeting interesting, intriguing men isn't as grand as it once seemed.

It too is a speaking performance, but at this point, it's talk I'd rather not give.


No comments: