Sunday, October 30, 2011

Soho on a Saturday Night

Soho = South of Houston.  Houston, pronounced house-ton, is a street that cuts across Manhattan Island.

For the longest time I had no idea what Soho meant - perhaps because I rarely spent time in the area.  But then I met this guy who resides in Soho, and this past month I've ended up at his place every weekend.  To clarify, not in the stay the night sort of way.  But rather he has hosted events and conversations.

And last night.his roommate threw a Halloween Costume Party and for some reason I was invited.  To be honest, I don't think I should have been invited, but I was and since I was, I wasn't going to miss it.  So my friend Sally Ann (dressed as a viking) and I (dressed as an Indian) took the subway downtown to Prince Street.

We made a friend along the way - he was dressed as a carton of milk, with a sign that stated, "I'm am the 1%, Occupy the Fridge."  He was a med student at Yale and got off at the subway just before ours.  I'm regretting now that we didn't exchange any info, or even names.  But I did catch the names of several others that I met throughout the evening.

Emmitt was the most memorable.  He's oringally from Lake Forest, Illinois, and played tennis and golf in high school, and well, I can't really tell you much else about him, except he's a great dancer and we spent much of the evening out on the dance floor together... hot - yes.  But I knew he wasn't for me.

No comments: