Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tonight I was asked...

Tonight I was asked if I dated while I was in college.

I explained to the 19 year old gal who inquired, "Not really.  I dated someone from Spring Hill - the summer camp I worked at in Michigan - just before college, but he broke things off with me at the end of the summer." 

I still remember his breaking words, "Katrina, you're going to meet a lot of studs at U of M."  He kissed me on the cheek, stepped back into his SUV, and with a wave of his hand, he was gone.

He was wrong; I didn't meet any studs at U of M.  Instead I wondered about that other guy I had also met at camp that summer.  Other guy and I stayed in touch beyond the summer and he even came for a visit to Ann Arbor.  In response, I initated a visit to his campus.  However, my visit to his campus was a failure"  and it  became clear - he wasn't interested.

However, summer fling contacted with an apologetic e-mail a few days after Valentine's Day my freshman year, confessing that he had been a jerk, and wondering if maybe we could try again.

We were both going to be back at camp that summer...

No comments: