Saturday, May 21, 2011

Middle East Gate

In the words of REM, "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

I do feel fine; however, it's not the end of the world.  Once again someone predicted incorrectly the 2nd coming of Christ.  What's funny to me is that people predict at all, when clearly the Bible says no one shall no the day or the hour.  But in 1988 I didn't know about that verse in the Bible and so I thought it was for real going to happen - and the thought occurred to me - I'll never have to go to school and take another test AGAIN. 

But oh, no.  Jesus didn't come back, and 23 years later I'm still having to go to school and take tests.  Jesus, please save me from this hell.  If you're on Hawaii time, you still have several hours to fulfill this prophecy - I say, lets do it!  Or at least before finals week (June 5-10). 

I will say, that pondering the end of the world makes you consider your life and if you might do anything differently.  And really, I can't say there's a whole ton that I would do differently.  (Although, I'll admit, for a brief moment last night, I considered that perhaps I should elope so I can experience the sex benefits of marriage before I go.  But I realized finding a willing party on such a short notice might be difficult - well, a willing party, that I'd willingly want to have sex with... ) 

But I think this is a good thing that's there's not a whole ton that I would do differently. 

Because it means that the life I'm living isn't one that I'd someday look back on with regret.

No comments: