Tuesday, May 3, 2011

College Confessions

Last week I met with a college student and she told me that in heaven she'd like to have a place next door to King David's.

She explained, "I have a Biblical crush on King David." 

"Really?"  I inquired.

"Yeah.  Because if the Bible says you're attractive you must be REALLY attractive."

Hmmm.  I hadn't considered that before.  However, I had considered that Jesus is ugly.

Because the Bible says, "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."  Isaiah 53:2

Okay, so maybe not ugly, but certainly Jesus didn't fall in the category of "hot."

"Yeah, but he probably still had a nice body."  The college student argued.  "After all, he was a carpenter and was probably was in great shape."

Good point.

Okay, so this post might be slightly sacrilegious (to religious people), but I think God would find it rather amusing.

No comments: