Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dear Moon

Dear Moon,

Tonight you smiled down on me while I was running in Central Park. Thanks for your encouragement. I needed it.

For some reason I’ve been feeling “off” the past few days – okay, make that the past few weeks, but yesterday I felt especially “off.” It was as if satan himself was standing next to me making me feel miserable. He does that from time to time, well maybe not him, but his friends do make their rounds and feed me lies when I’m feeling most vulnerable.

I called my parents back in Michigan and told them that I was homesick, to which my Dad replied, “Oh, that’s nice. You miss your mom and dad.”

“No,” I corrected him. “I’m California homesick. I miss palm trees.”

He laughed, and so did I, but I wasn’t joking. I miss Southern California – A LOT.

A month ago, I thought for sure I’d be sticking around NYC the next couple of years, but now I’m not so sure…

Regardless Moon, I’m thankful that you come with me where ever I go. Shoot, you were even there in East Asia and in Africa. Huh… you’re kind of like God, aren’t you?

Well, it’s late. I must to get to bed.
Good Night Moon.

Love,
Katrina

No comments: