Sunday, January 9, 2011

Free Palestine

Street parades, street performers, street vendors, homeless men, policemen, good looking men (lots of them), tourists, tourists, and...more tourists - just outside of my apartment building is one of the most active and crowded intersections in the world.

Honestly, I never know what I'll find when I walk outside my apartment building's door.

This afternoon I went out for a jog along the Hudson River and when I returned I was confronted by a group of people chanting. Their cry: Free Palestine. A larger banner explained that a Free Palestine Rally was taking place from 3 to 5.

As I passed by I thought - gosh, I really suck at knowing what's going on in the world. I didn't know that Palestine was taken, but I will say that at least I knew that Palestine was a country, and not the name of a person. ;)

A couple of years ago, I made it my New Year's resolution to stay more on top of what is happening in the world. After all, I reasoned, how can you be a world changer if you don't know what's going on it?

So I started subscribing to this magazine called The Week...

No comments: