Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Script

This fall I've been referencing in my blog what I call "The Script." But it's really no script at all. In reality, it's my life - the life that I can't write about and publish online, because the characters from the script could potentially stop by and read at any point in time.

The Script, as it is now, would make a great first half of a movie; I just can't promise that the second half will be any good. Because in real life, I don't get to dictate what other characters say and do. I can only interact with them and hope for the best.

Significant conversations took place this past week that surprised even me. And really, I have no idea what the future holds, but I do know that I'm thankful to have stated something that had been on my heart for quite some time.

Actor guy and I met up both Sunday and Monday nights. He's the one who insisted that I have a certain conversation with a certain someone, stating, "All is fair in love in war." Actor guy's words resonated with me because they were the exact same words that a mentor friend said to me over dinner in Santa Cruz last fall. And with those words, I knew that something had to be said.

Regardless of what comes of the conversation that took place Wednesday evening, I'm thankful for actor guy, and for the time that he and I have been able to spend together thus far.

No comments: