Friday, November 26, 2010

I Know That You Know

The other day I was talking to my 2nd hottest guy friend, and after he shared with me his deep longing


for Meijer (a Midwest only 24 hour store), and I shared with him my passionate desire for a Target and In-N-Out in midtown, our conversation drifted to me trying to tell a story that I never got to tell because we got sidetracked in our dialogue.

"I know a lot of people that you know. Like..." I listed off about 5 of his good friends, including the one who is lactose intolerant, and the one who told me he thinks I look like the chick that gets blown up in the car in the movie The Godfather.

He replied, "I know that you know a lot of people that I know."

To which I replied, "Yeah I probably didn't need list off those names. Because I know that you know that I know a lot of people that you know."

"Well, just so you know, there are also plenty of people that I know that you don't know."

"Yeah, I know."

That conversation took place at the beginning of the week, when we were still trying to resolve where we'd be spending Thanksgiving.

Today we spoke again. He called to inform me that he is not liable for any guys that I may meet or date because of him. He does not want to be held responsible for any damages (aka heartache) that they might cause me. And he reminded me, that although his friends are his friends, they are still guys. Which I think could be translated, that just because he is friends with them, doesn't make them immune from being jerks, or from wanting to prehoneymoon with me.

I told him I realized that, and assured him that I wouldn't hold him responsible.

I think what spurred the conversation is that I recently met one of his friends...

No comments: