Sunday, October 10, 2010

The One

It’s taken me a bit, but I think I’ve finally found “the one.” Kim McManus, my mentor and friend from LA, recommended it. And Mike Duff, my 14 year old friend, as in, we’ve been friends for 14 years, attends it. It’s called Forefront – and I’m rather certain that it will be my church home for the next, well, however long I might be in this city.

Although it’s no Mosaic (my community of faith in LA), it’s clear that Forefront carries with it the spirit of Mosaic. And that might explain why Forefront canceled all of their services today.

I received an e-mail from Forefront this past week with the subject, “Skip Church Serve the City”

Don't come to church this week! This Sunday we will all skip church so that we can serve the city. Being a follower of Christ entails a lot more than just showing up to church. It should inform the way we live our lives and interact with this world. A huge aspect of our faith is serving others with the love of God. . .

. . .This is a great opportunity for us to model the type of love through service that Jesus Christ modeled for us.


Jacob Lange, who I have yet to meet, composed the e-mail, and it included a link to the various service opportunities available throughout the city.

So today, rather than going to church, I lived out church by serving with my small group…

No comments: