Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hit On By Batman

“Hey there hot stuff. How’s it going?”

Really? Hot Stuff? That’s the lamest pick up line I’ve heard since moving to the city. Thankfully I had my headphones in my ears and was able to pretend not to hear. Can’t I at least go running without being hit on?

That was today. But on Tuesday I was hit on by Batman. Well, he may not have been THE Batman, but he certainly dressed the part. I suppose you could compare him to a mall Santa Claus – you know he’s not the real thing, but some people think he’s kind of cool and insist on getting their picture taken with him. But not me – I insisted on continuing on my way.

So I’ve been considering becoming a nun.

After all, I look pretty good in black. And, it would only be for a couple of days - specifically this Saturday, and some of Sunday. I considered this option as I passed by a “nun” on 5th avenue this evening. I put nun in quotes because I don’t know if she actually was one or if she was just dressed up like one for Halloween.

Honestly, I probably won’t be a nun. (Actually, I know I won’t – ever – for Halloween or for real.) But I don’t want to be a slut for Halloween either – and that’s what my friend Liz informed me that most females in the city are for Halloween. My friend Amara suggested that I be a Miss America pageant contestant, but I’m not such a huge fan of that idea either. I would be a surfer girl, but my darn surfboard is still in Southern California, so that doesn’t work either.

(Still in the works)

One thing is for certain, I won't be dressing up for work. In my inbox:

Costume regulations for the ESB

Good morning, students!

The Empire State Building has asked us to remind you of their Halloween costume policy. Please note that for security reasons, the ESB does not allow any costumes to be worn in the main lobby, turnstile areas, or elevators. Additionally, there will be no costumes allowed in the Observatory. This includes all tenants and guests: children, teens, and adults. Thank you for following this policy!

No comments: